The other day was Valentines Day, so me and Aifric and Paige went to Cologne to do valentines day stuff:
Paige even made me my very own valentines day card
So our first stop was this bridge. It is extremely famous around here because of all of the locks, as you can see above and below. Couples can go to this bridge to lock their love. The locks are from decades and decades of couples and most of them have little messages on it. One of my favorites was something like "Uli and Michael Jackson forever" and although there are some joke ones, most of them are real couples.
You can buy these locks custom made all over Cologne.
Here is the bridge with Paige looking out on the Rhein
After that we walked to the Lindt Chocolate museum to have a Galentines treat. I went here with my family in December when they came too, and I dont think that there exists a better hot chocolate anywhere in the world.
As we were walking back from the chocolate museum, they were setting up for Karneval, so we took a picture with a dirndl-clad beer woman
Then we went into the dom because both Aifric and Paige had never been in there. Somehow I feel like I could give a tour of that place with the amount of time I have spent there. I took this picture for dad because this was closed during advent so he couldnt see it open.
No comments:
Post a Comment