I created this blog for my friends and family (but mostly just for myself) to document my study abroad trip to Bonn, Germany from September 2011 to JULY!!!! 2012.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Across the Universe
Today you all get to witness me losing my blogging virginity. In a little over a month I will be leaving the United States for Germany and welcoming a new page in my life. It still feels pretty far away, I haven't even really gotten my room assignment. Somehow the lack of address makes me feel unattached from the fact that I will be LIVING in another country not too long from now. It is weird to watch Bravo and realize that the new season of Real Housewives of Beverley Hills will premiere after I leave for Germany. Guess I will have to find something in Bonn to fill my housewife void.... perhaps this blog? Past participants of this program have highly recommended starting one of these, so here I am, blogging away. In this next month I feel like I have so much to do. This whole concept of packing for 6-7 months in one suitcase is terrifying me! Not only that but I have to finish my job here, pack up all of my things from my campus house in Columbus, move to Cincinnati, pack and then move to Germany all within the next 33 days. Tips from anyone is welcomed help ;) Goals: travel as much as possible. Rick Steves was on NPR yesterday talking about Rome and now that is a must visit for me. It would be cool to visit Dublin too. Paris is a must see. Berlin as well. Maybe sneak over to Bavaria for Oktoberfest. I am so excited for this trip because I feel like it will be the only time in my life I can go anywhere and do anything I want without any obligations. This could be the most exciting feeling in the world and I hope that everyone can feel how I am feeling at some point in there life. I am at a precipice of life where everything is about to change.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment