Over the past week or so I've gotten a lot of information. I got my dorm assignment. I am living on Ferdinandstrasse 42 in the lovely Stadtteil Ippendorf. I got some pictures from the university:
http://www.studentenwerk-bonn.de/wohnen/wohnanlagen/ferdinandstrasse-42/
...and it seems very European. Now I just need to decide whether or not to get a bike, seeing as there is a direct bike path to the university.
Also I got my September schedule and I am very excited about it. There is apparently 75 45 minute meetings between the 5th of September and the 7th of October, so there is an abundance of downtime.
http://www3.uni-bonn.de/studium/studium-in-bonn-fuer-internationale-studierende/austausch-und-study-abroad/jyp-und-austauschprogramm/kursprogramm/dateien/ws11-12_programmuebersicht
I am trilled to see that there is already a trip planned to Trier!
Also this morning I got assigned to my "Bonn-Buddy," which as I explained to Keith, it is basically someone from Germany who gets assigned to be my friend. But I already like her because her profile picture is in front of a Harry Potter poster.
Plane leaves in 2 weeks and 2 days, buckle up Germany.
p.s. my mom thinks i should take out my nose ring since it will be unprofessional in an academic setting abroad, if you know anything about the pierced culture in Germany whether or not this would be offensive, that would be appreciate!
No comments:
Post a Comment