...its hard to imagine how they make their cars (quote from Miguel who is in the picture below, I'll let you guess which one). Sorry I have not posted in about a week, last Monday was the day of German unification, and I took a lot of videos of the parade because it was so interesting to see all of the cultures within Germany represented, however there was a problem with the German card, so I guess I need to stick the the American one. So I looked up a small video on Youtube if anyone would like to watch a couple of seconds of the parade:
Angela Merkel came, but unfortunately kept her location very secretive. An interesting thing about her trip here, however, is that she actually went to a church here and sat through a sermon, which is her 3rd time doing this as Chancellor. Merkel grew up in the DDR, so I have heard that religion is not a pillar of her life, however her dad is a pastor at an Evangelist church. Most of the famous churches here are Catholic (because they are older), however less than a mile from where I live there is a very famous evangelist church, which is actually the one Merkel went to. So anyway, that is a little background for why I did not blog earlier.
So on Thursday we were supposed to go to Amsterdam, but a series of conflicts made that a choice that wasn't exactly ideal. So instead we jumped on a train without knowing where we were going and ended up at the Chocolate Museum/Lindt Chocolate factory
^my roommate is on the right, Bruna, and Magda and Miguel
USA produces the most chocolate, something to brag about I guess
So the name I gave this blog is funny to me because when you hear that someplace is a chocolate factory, you kind of get this image in your mind of a Willy-Wonka type place with many colors and happy people, but instead what I found is something that I can simply explain with the adjective "German"
^Here is there version of the Willy Wonka chocolate waterfall, we got to taste some, and it could have been the best chocolate I have ever eaten.
^This is the German part I was telling you about
Little chocolates on a conveyor belt
Here is Bruna in front of a Chocolate Robot
Here is an old candy wrapper, the most colorful thing by far in the factory
Chocolate sculptures (the block says "To our golden anniversary")
Chocolate bars with gummi bears
Max und Moritz candy!
Me and Miguel and Bruna in front of the Milka cow
Here is an old-school gum ball machine
At the end of the museum, they had a series of old chocolate commercials, maybe you will be able to get the gist of them, I think they are rather funny to watch
p.s. tomorrow I will post my class schedule for those of you so interested
Finally another blog .... but now it is 8am and now Im craving chocolate (to improve my golf game, of course)
ReplyDeleteAlso, Bernhard Langer spielt and isst Golf. Isst du auch Golf Schokolade? Schmeckt's gut?
ReplyDeleteIch hatte das nie probieren, oder sehen, ich weiss nicht, ob es jetzt existiert.
ReplyDelete