Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wildgehege

I went exploring with my neighbor in the forest and went to a wild animal sanctuary. I took some photos to show you, I dont know how interesting it will be to look at for you, but I enjoyed going there and thought it was share-worthy

All of the pigs were big, brown and hairy. There was a dog about the same size as the pigs and when the dog walked by the pen, all of the pigs stampeded over to see what was going on, the dog seemed really perplexed by this.




The guy who I was walking with is from Hungary, and we didnt know the word for deer in German, so we kept calling them "Bambi" until we finally saw a sign with the word in German. =)



This guy kept making the weirdest noises for a mating call or something, and the family standing next to us kept trying to imitate the call back so he would keep doing it. It was hilarious.  



I think hearing little kids speak german is one of the most enjoyable things that I bare witness to here, I was a super creeper and took a video of these kids trying to feed a deer (who eat the buckeye seeds as well I found out).

3 comments:

  1. When I was at Penn, we read a play in which kleine Kinder had a part. I found the author's phonetic spelling of the way children speak really interesting and amusing...just like the way real kids speak. I, just like you, really enjoyed hearing children...they kinda know German with lisps, slurs, und so wieder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pia (a student from Sycamore's sister German city)says "hi" - we tried to Skype but you were out. She watched Brendan's soccer game. I gave her a Reeses since you said peanut butter is rare. She said that she can get it in Germany but the labels are always in English. She had had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch from Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what German would think of 'pigs in a blanket' or eggs cooked sunny-side up ;)

    ReplyDelete