Sunday, September 11, 2011

Donner und Blitzen

Today happened to be Sunday and a storm, so it was pretty uneventful for me, but as I said in the previous post, I really needed a day to catch up on sleep so it ended up being good. I realized that on my Marksburg post I didnt put up a picture of the entire castle (It was hard to get a good shot of the entire thing) so here is a picture from the internet:
Today also happens to be 9/11. I have found that there isnt too much coverage here, but then again I don't have a TV so I cant watch the news, so my finger is not exactly on the pulse of the news. But I did go on Deutsche Welle today and read this: 
The whole front page of Deutsche Welle was all coverage, both American and global, of the aftermath of 9/11. Here is some more coverage from Frankfurter Allgemeine:
I would say that coverage that I hear from America has been more of a "remember where you were on this day" type of stories and the German coverage tends to be less emotional and more of what the American, European, and Global aftermaths are still 10 years later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment