I created this blog for my friends and family (but mostly just for myself) to document my study abroad trip to Bonn, Germany from September 2011 to JULY!!!! 2012.
Monday, September 5, 2011
First Day
In Bonn right now it is 10:07pm. After almost not making it (thanks Barack Obama), my flight finally landed 1:00 pm Bonn time. After navigating my way through the Koeln/Bonn bus system on no sleep, I finally made it to the international students office. After waiting a needless hour or so, I finally made my way to Ferdinandstrasse. I have 3 other roommates, 1 of which is from Portugal and the other two I have yet to meet. After settling in a little, I had to make my way downtown to meet my Bonn Buddy (hereafter will be referred to as Katharina) at the Beethoven statue on Muensters Platz. I thought it may be a good idea to walk because I had been sitting all day and I wanted to see the scenes... over an hour later, I finally made it to our treffenplatz. I met her and her friends, who all had their own Bonn Buddies from around the world. Everyone was very nice and they continued to speak to us in all german (which I really appreciate since the international office was not). They informed us all that they had made reservations at a local Italian restaurant (I can already hear what my dad is going to say "You ate ITALIAN food as your first meal in GERMANY??!!..... yes I did and it was delicious). Then we walked to a convenience store where everyone argued over which beer was the best. Katharina informed me that this was a popular argument within their friends. Afterwords we walked down to the Rhein to see the mighty river in all of its glory during the night time. It was a perfect way to start the trip and I can't wait until tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Willkommen in Deutschland....verstehst du viel (genug) was deine Freunden sagen? Viel Spass!
ReplyDeleteWhat is the typical tip rate in Germany?
ReplyDeleteIch verstehe fast Alles. Ich hatte Gestern und auch Heute keine Probleme. Heute hatte ich auch ein Handy, Lebensmittel, und auch eine Decke gekauft, ohne Englisch oder Hilfe zubenuetzen.
ReplyDeleteThe tip is built in, same with tax