Today was a lazy day of catching up on sleep. I went downtown a little today just to explore. I went into some of the shops and was surprised to see dogs in the store, which I guess is allowed here. I was also looking to see if there were any good Birthday cards for Brendan. All of the 18 ones were very funny since that is the coming-of-age age for Europeans. Several had car keys or the Statue of Liberty on it and said "Finally you are free." They were very cute. Everyone seemed to be out today, which I am assuming is typical for Saturdays here. Beethoven festival has started so there are Beethoven statues everywhere and a large screen playing Beethoven songs on one of the squares.
Behind me you can see the real statue of Beethoven. Behind that is the post office, and next to that is a TK Maxx (in America it is TJ Maxx). I then met up with an Irish girl named Aifric and we walked around for a little bit together and had a late-lunch of Bratwurst. I told her that I am Irish and that my last name is Corcoran and she laughed and said all of the butcher shops and bars are owned by Corcorans. That was very cool to hear. We were also talking about the price differences. She told me everything is much cheaper here than in Ireland. I think certain things, like groceries and food, are cheaper. However clothing is much more expensive here than in America. I came home at about 6 thinking that I could go to the store to buy more milk (milk is sooooooo good here), but it closed at 3, and Sundays all stores are closed, so I will just have to wait until Monday. Tomorrow I am expecting to have another lazy day, hopefully I can get over my sleep deprivation this weekend =)
No comments:
Post a Comment