Here is a McDonalds, which there are always tons of people in. A german was telling me that it is rather chic to eat McDonalds or fast food in Germany. Some of the menu items are a little different, and they have "American fries" that are bigger (along with the ones we are used to). The prices are much more expensive, 7 Euros for a meal. I havent eaten here yet to compare the taste, and hopefully I wont.
These little farmers markets are all around every day of the week, and I find that this is how most people get their fruits and veggies (and sometimes even meat and cheese!)
I decided I have to try this sauerkraut juice before I leave....who would buy this?
Dirndl and Lederhosen fashion
How much more German can you get? I'd like to know
So today I went to a flea market so that I can make my TV debut on Antiques Roadshow (this is a joke... mom!) I say these extravagant little kids dresses. You chose, is it for Toddlers and Tiaras or Big, Fat, Gypsy Wedding?
^lol @ German punkster with a fannie pack
Here is Poppelsdorfer Schloss (in Bonn). From what someone told me, Clemen August (who was the Kurfuerst from Koeln who build the University palace) built this as well to house his mistress. He started to build a canal between the two palaces (.5 kilometers away) but money ran out before it was finished. Now the grounds are run by the Zoology department of the university. Every type of plant imaginable is planted around the grounds of the palace.
^Bees!
Okay so I know that I have been talking about how the dogs here are very well trained and I have gotten a bit of interesting cultural insight on that. Apparently people in the villages here are very cliquey and it is very hard to be welcomed by the community (but something that everyone seeks). So it is very important to train your dog really well so that you are not ostracized by the community. I thought this was kind of interesting and I am hoping to learn more things like this about the culture.
What are the different menu items at a German McDonalds or Starbucks?
ReplyDeleteWhat did your friends say when you told them about mcdonalds here? also, I am buying that lederhosen when i get there. I just told mom: in france, they serve crepes at mcdonalds, so I assume that there is some classier food at the ones there?
ReplyDelete-Alexis
they are basically the same but more expensive.
ReplyDeleteSauerkraut Saft is said to be good for the digestion. It would have a lot fewer calories than if you put the kraut on a hot dog ....or better Wurst in your country. Who needs McDonald's when you have all that German food?!
ReplyDelete